This image depicts the Philosopher’s Hand revealed. Alexander Roob would write of it, “This is the hand of the philosophers with their seven secret signs, to which the ancient sages were bound.” To the initial adept, it is closed as a fist and can only be properly opened to reveal its mysteries to the right individual and under the right circumstances.
- The Crown (Thumb): From a Kabbalistic standpoint, the crown is symbolic of Kether, the source of all creation and the first sephira on the Tree of Life. It also emits pure, radiant and absolute light. The powerful representation of saltpeter.
- The Star (Index): The Universal Light which permeates the universe and reveals the truth of all heavenly and celestial wonders. The all penetrating representation of vitriol.
- The Sun (Middle): Brilliantly shining, the sun is like the abstract mind, whose light extends past all borders and limitations of darkness, allowing us to extend past the conventional and examine the secrets and mysteries of our existence. The luminous representation of sal ammoniac.
- The Lantern (Ring): The illumination provided by the concrete mind. Human knowledge and wisdom, guiding us always, provides us with the light and guidance to seek the greater truths. The gleaming representation of alum.
- The Key (Pinky): The key which reveals the secrets of all the mysteries. The tool necessary to unlock the æther body, with the ability to access the transcendent reality. The lock-and-key representation of common salt.
- The fish, representing Mercury and its bed of flames as sulfur begins the process through which each of the fingers bears a key to the completion of the great work.
Thank you for getting another cool tattoo Parker @parkercannon !! Done at @idlehandsf #idlehandsf (at Idle Hand Tattoo)